Anyway, last winter, I decided to do it right. I detoxed for 3 days on caffeine. I did a four-day creatine loading, then stayed on it for 6 weeks. It was creatine monohydrate, powder form. I think it was the most successful creatine usage I've had.
As for the caffeine thing, I think that was mainly a placebo effect, quite honestly. All of the empirical evidence I've seen shows that the diuretic effect of caffeine fades as your tolerance grows. There's even an MD article on it this month (incidentally, that is now the only bodybuilding rag I read. the articles are well written and research, and it has no Mentzer-esque bullshit in it- yeah, I'm talking about you, Ironman fuckfaces). Like most non-prohormone supplements, theres's more conflicting evidence surrounding the efficacy and usage of creatine than there is on Anderson Cooper's sexuality. Use it if you want, but it's certainly far from imperative.
A: No. NO products are marketing hype backed by theoretical evidence and hope- nothing more. There is absolutely no anecdotal or clinical evidence showing that NO products improve performance or increase muscular hypertrophy in any way shape or form. I take Methyl Mass because it's got caffeine, taurine, and Propadrol in it, not because of it's NO properties. I mean, I like being vascular, but that hardly justifies the $3 per serving pricetag.
Q: What is your opinion on arginine, orinthine and ZMAs? A lot of the recommenations on when to take them and how (empty stomach vs. with food) vary and even after extensive research, nothing is concrete.
A: Dan Duchaine wrote about Arginine and Ornithine in his seminal work, Body Opus, which I highly recommend. Know what that stack is? NO. That's all it is. He recommended that 20 years ago as a way to increase vascularity. That's all it does... nothing more.
As for ZMA, I typically have no trouble sleeping, provided my level of stress isn't insanely high. I don't have any real use for it at all, and thus haven't experimented much with it. i take Universal's Animal Pak right before bed though, so I figure that contains all of what you'd have in a ZMA stack anyway. I sleep like a fucking baby on quaaludes and have awesome zombie apocalypse nightmares at will. If that's any indication, ZMA will work like a fucking charm. that, or you can simply take a multivitamin like a regular person. Either way.
Although the good people at T-Nation say it's ok, I don't fucking with any carbs on my keto runs. My postworkout meals consist of Oh Yeah bars. 12g of carbs will do me just fine postworkout on keto runs. The difference between high carb powders and no carb powders is the high carb ones are weight gainers and the no carb ones are merely protein powders.
If you want to waste your money on protein powders with carbs in them, you might be better off just purchasing a tack hammer and smashing your dominant hand with it or something. At least then your waistline would remain intact, and you'd look like less of a fucking retard. You want carbs in your protein shake? PUT IT IN CHOCOLATE MILK. People who can't gain weight fall into two very distinct categories: people with AIDS or some other wasting disease, and people who don't eat enough. Dave Tate has a good article on weight gain on T-Nation. Check it out.
"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it."By the way, for any of you who think you can't gain weight, I'd suggest you head over to Uno Chicago Grill for a Deep Dish Chicago Classic Pizza. The individual pizza has 2310 calories, 99g of protein, 120g carbs, and 165g of fat. One of those every now and again and you'll have to gain weight- no regulars at Unos look like they're moonlighting as extras on Schindler's List. .
A: I feel as though I've addressed this question multiple times, but some of you are a little slow. that, or you don't hang on my every word, as you should. In any event, yes, there is a supplement I recommend for shedding bodyfat.
Activating B1 sites is easy- you simply stimulate your CNS and generate a release of noradrenaline, which will then increase lipolysis, along with creating an according increase in heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature. That's right- if it doesn't make you sweaty and jittery, it's not working. The best B1 activators are, in descending order of effectiveness:
- Clenbuterol (half life of 34-35 hrs)
- Mabuterol (20 hrs)
- Ephedrine (3-4 hours)
- Albuterol (2-6 hrs)
Caffeine is a methylxanthine, an alkaloid used as a stimulant and bronchodilator. This chemical badass has the ability to inhibit phosphodiesterases within the cell, which is important, because that means that they can enhance the effects of physiological processes dependent on cAMP or cGMP (like fat loss, the effects of Viagra, and a wide variety of other awesome shit). It's also been shown to have the ability to prevent some re-uptake of norepinephrine, which is good for fat loss because norepinephrine stimulates B1 cells. In essence, it makes everything that's awesome about ephedrine even more awesome, and tells fat to go fuck itself twice, then punches fat's mom in the face and fucks his sister.(2)(3)(4)
Aspirin is also a badass sidekick for ephedrine, in a gun-toting-Bucky, rather than a Robin in a leather-suit-with-nipples Robin, sort of way. It's a prostaglandin inhibitor, which is important because certain prostaglandins, rat fucks that they are, inhibit lipolysis and are produced in response to adrenergic stimulation.(2) Thus, it's good shit to throw in on top of ephedrine and caffeine.
Other good shit to add to the mix:
- Yohimbe. I actually had some fucking retard return some yohimbe the other day after reading on the internet that it was a male potency herb, and that it wouldn't work for fat loss. This goes to my point that people suck, and the vast majority should be rounded up and sent to camps. Yohimbe is the only herb that one can buy that will block the uptake of noradrenaline in the A2 receptors I mentioned earlier. that means it will keep the A2 receptors from storing fat and generally acting like assholes, which is pretty important. Additionally, yohimbe is a vasodilator that will improve blood circulation and improve the hardness of your hardons, so it's generally good stuff, no matter what uneducated assholes on the internet might assert to the contrary.
- Theobromine. A methylxanthine like caffeine, it works on the same metabolic pathway, only more subtly, since it's less potent.
- Evodiamine. Evodiamine is an extract from a Chinese herb called Wu-Chu-Yu, and though there is no empirical evidence showing that it is effective in humans, clinical studies on rats have shown that it increases body temperature and reduces fat uptake. It's apparently even more effective with a high fat diet, so keto dieters should jumpa ll over it.
- Grapefruit Extract. Grapefruit extract contains a substance that's illegal to purchase by itself, called narangin. Narangin is a flavanoid extracted from the rind of grapefruit that increases the potency of other substances ingested with it. As such, caffeine and ephedrine will be more effective when ingested with Grapefruit extract.
Off the shelf fatburners I like, in order of awesomeness:
- Stimerex-ES: Badass fatburner with 25 mg of ephedra and 100 mg of caffeine. Stacked with Methyl Mass, this shit is awesome. Proprietary Blend: 510mg Consisting of: 25 mg. Ephedra Extract (leaves), Acacia Rigidula Extract (leaves) (methylsynephrine), (Yielding 125 mg Phenylethylamine Alkaloids: B-Phenylethylamine, N-Methyl-B-Phenylethylamine, and R-beta-Methylphenylethyanine), Theobroma Cocoa Extract (Seed), Phenylethylamine HCL, Citrus Aurantium Extract (25mg Synephrine), Green Tea Extract (leaves), Yohimbe Extact (bark), Naringen (fruit), 6-7 Dihydroxy bergamottin (fruit). Caffeine (anhydrous) 150mg
- Lipodrene. made by the same mad scientists who cooked up Stimerex, Lipodrene's a little less "exciting", but still will wake you the fuck up and knock the shit out of bodyfat.
Ephedra Extract (leaves), Acacia Rigidula Extract (leaves) MethylSynephrine (Yielding 75mg Phenylethylamine Alkaloids including: B-Phenylethylamine, N-Methyl-B-Phenylethylamine, and R-beta-Methylphenylethyanine) , Phenylethylamine HCL,, 25mg Synephrine HCL, Theobromine, Green Tea Extract (45mg ECGC), Hoodia Extract (cactus),Cassia Nomame Extract (plant), Naringen (fruit), 6,7 Dihydroxybergamottin (fruit), 5-Methoxytryptamine HCL, L-5 Hydroxytryptophan, Yohimbine HCL
- Mix n Match. The last option is to go to the drug store and get Bronk-Aid from the pharmacist. Those are 25 mg tabs of ephedrine and guaifenesin, which has also been shown to aid fat loss. Throw one of those down the hatch with an aspirin and a caffeine tab, and you're off to the races.
Now playing: A Different Breed Of Killer - The Cleansing Apparatus
- Duchaine, Dan. Body Opus. Pp. 158-160.
- "Pharmacological Approaches to Fat Loss Targeting Beta_andrenergic Recptors." http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/haycock/ephedrine-and-beta-adrenergic-receptors.htm
- Wikipedia. "Xanthine." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanthine
- Wikipedia. "Phosphodiesterases." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphodiesterases